10 August 2010

Spot The Differences

I spent some time this evening debugging a new script – and by "debugging" I really mean "comparing the functionality of one script to several others."  I felt as if I were searching one of those "spot the differences" pictures.

The purpose of my new script is to preform one specific task.  While this script is functional, it is not functioning well.  After giving the problem a little thought, I began reviewing similar scripts to see how they addressed the function.

I'll say this: Clan Lord has some very creative scripters!  Some of approaches used to undertake a specific function are simply remarkable.  And after reading these scripts, I despaired a little, as they reaffirmed how little I understand about the Socks scripting language.

I consoled myself in knowing that I was never very good at those "spot the differences" pictures either.

No comments:

Post a Comment