06 June 2012

H4X-kenstein

I made some time today to undertake the unpleasant task of sorting out an issue with one of my scripts.  The problem was not difficult, per se, it was – to quote Strong Bad – a quivering pile of not fun.  I would have preferred to have been doing something more stimulating and enjoyable.

The bird's eye view of the problem was that I had a script reading random, formatted data from a file, but there were two different types of data that I needed to read.  I had to think of a way of adding a second field of data without reorganizing the overall data structure.

I made it happen.  It wasn't a pretty solution, but now my beautiful creation can (metaphorically speaking) dance and sing!  And now that this is done, I can focus on some real fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment