09 October 2010

Road Blocks and Detours

I am still working with the ServerGM in an effort to resolve my test server problems.  I am excited at the prospect of finding and identifying a genuine server bug!  Only a small number of GMs have accomplished the feat of crashing the live server, and these elite have their names added to the "Don't Do This" list.  While crashing a test server will not get my name added to this list, identifying the cause of the problem and resolving the issue will make Clan Lord a little bit better – at least from a technical standpoint.

There's an old saying: one door closes, and another door opens.  I find myself facing a road block on my projects – I am unable to make any progress on them until until the crashing bug gets resolved – so instead I find myself taking a developmental detour and I am learning a little more about the server.  As the other old saying goes: if there are no problems to solve, then there are no lessons to learn.  And boy howdy, am I learning!

3 comments:

  1. if there are no problems to solve, then there are no lessons to learn?

    druggys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there will always be some thing to learhn even with out problems, there will aways be ways to fix(or patch) things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool, Yappy! :) It's nice to read about what you specifically enjoy in what is obviously a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete