06 August 2013

Script Reconstruction

I went from polishing a script to dismantling a script to reconstructing a script within the period of three hours.

As I was rereading the code to my current project, I had realized that I was not negative enough in its organization.  In fact, I was not negative at all, and the free-for-all organization which I had structured the script made it difficult for me to understand what it was that I was trying to accomplish.

So the good news is that the new script looks great!  The less-than-great news is that I wrote it out longhand on a piece of scrap paper, which means that there is an entire transcribing process which still needs to happen, and that the transcribing process is highly unlikely to happen before the v819 update goes live.

Perhaps if I employ puppy dog eyes then ServerGM would be willing to transfer the completed (and full tested) script to the live world this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment