04 October 2011

The Drawing Board

I'm back at it.

In between gaps of buggy coverage for Apple's live iPhone event, I spent time revisiting projects that I have not touched since May of this year.  Most of my time spent was reviewing notes and procedures – lots of "this code is sloppy" and "this can be done more efficiently" and the occasional "whoa, I must have gotten dumber over the summer months because this is way too smart to be my code!"  And this was all from reviewing just one project consisting of six core scripts!

One observation has been that NPCs don't really recognize Puddleby Knights outside of the Hall of Chivalry.  Personally, I think that it would be cool to have an NPC say "Greetings, Sir Yappy," for all of my friends to hear.  I would like to expand the acknowledgment of such organizations, and the NPCs seem like a good starting point.  If I'm clever about it, I could expand that acknowledgment to associations.  How cool would that be!

2 comments:

  1. That's a good idea. It'd be neat to have knighthood be cool again.

    One problem I foresee is that everyone just becomes a knight, though. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be good to have a few more knightly orders as most of them are gone and I think it's a bit too hard to make a knightly order as it is since you need to find an existing knight.

    It's too much like the mystic system of promotion and I'd like to see it automated to some degree.

    ReplyDelete