03 November 2011

Bellyaching

My neighborhood is unpredictable on Halloween evening.  Some years I receive a swarm of trick-or-treaters, and some years I receive none.  My prediction this year was for a busy evening, and I went to my local wholesale warehouse club and purchased a pallet-o-candy.

By the evening's end I had a total of three groups of kids visit me: two large groups of children and one small group of teenagers.  This leaves me with a pallet-o-candy – minus a handful of candy bars – just within arm's reach from my computer desk.

As I rewrite my embarrassingly bad script, I find myself reaching over and OM NOM NOMing a candy bar in between lines of scripting.  I have a lot of lines to rewrite, and I think I have one candy bar to match each line of code.

My pancreas is crying.

2 comments:

  1. No pain, no gain: work that pancreas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each time I get some ready for halloween I see nobody, and of course the next year, I get none and the bell rings all evening. I think that from now on, I'll make sure I'm away from home, spending the candy money in beer instead :P

    ReplyDelete