09 November 2011

Update Week

I have been coasting a bit with the rewriting of my quest script(s) – and by that I mean that I have been rewriting the script at a leisurely pace.  Last night I noted that I had a calendar reminder: this is an update week and content for V729 is due this Friday.

I spent several hours today revising the script in earnest, rearranging sections of code that were infuriating me.  I am pleased to report that I have made fine progress.  I am not done, but I am close to being done – or at least close to done with the first rewrite, at which point I shall run the script on the test server and begin bug hunting.

I really want this quest in for V729, and I am going to try my best to make it happen.  What I do not want to do is to rush the project into the live game and have it embarrass me.  I figure that is less embarrassing to be late on delivering a project – and have it rock solid – than it is to deliver a project on time and have it overflowing with bugs.

"Soon" is real close.

[Edit] In unrelated tech news, Amazon buys voice recognition startup Yap to counter Apple's Siri.

"Yap?"  The company's name is "Yap?"  I don't know how I feel about that.

1 comment:

  1. I would sue! "Yap"-py belongs to you! How dare a giant corporate "person" steal your identity. :)

    BTW, you're right, better late and solid than on time and buggy — unless you're any big software development company that like to milk your customers. ;)

    ReplyDelete