30 December 2009

Another bug hunt

Is this going to be a stand up fight, sir, or another bug hunt?
Another day spent tracking down the storage description bug. I am confident that I found the cause; I am able to patch in code that suppresses the bug. However, I am not confident that the patch is the cure. Am I treating illness or just the symptoms?

Once storage gets resolved, I shall then move onto the scripts that support Awaria. There have been concerns that Awaria is an inefficient trainer, and if this is true, then this needs to be addressed. I have a calculator, a pad of paper and a box of tissues on my desk, because I'll be doing a lot of multiplying, dividing and crying.

This is the weird bit: as aggravating and as thankless debugging is, I thrive on it. I really enjoy doing it. But I say this before having to untangle Awaria!

(I will award a Yo-Prize – a Yappy No-Prize – to anyone who can identify the source of the "bug hunt" quote without Googling the answer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment