26 December 2009

Outsourcing ideas

I use other people's ideas and suggestions. Sometimes it's a suggestion read on the Sentinel, sometimes it's a suggestion sent to me by email. A lot of the time these ideas do not come in the form of suggestions at all: many ideas are inspired through player's actions in game.

One example is a soon-to-be-implemented quest that was inspired by a local scoundrel pirate. This individual said something in-character that caught my attention. "Oh, that would be a cool quest," I thought and added it to the list. What's cool about this quest is that I would not have thought of it had I not been inspired by the in-character banter.

The GMs listen to the player's comments and suggestions, but it's the player's actions that often get the most attention, especially if they're involved in a compelling storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment