10 December 2009

Scripting is fun, if you know what you're doing.

It's too bad that I don't know what I'm doing.  But it's still fun.

I've been asked to develop an item for the next update (V630).  The problem is that my knowledge of items is shaky.  I can add features and functionality to existing items easily, but creating items?  There are so many functions and fields that I know I don't know, even though I have a list of them in front of me.

This is where I take the advice of Pengy: if you're trying to achieve an effect and you don't know how to do it, then think of an item that does something similar and copy it.  Or in my case, plagiarize it.  This advice has been tremendously helpful and has minimized a lot of aggravation.

And the item? You won't get one if you're on Santa's naughty list.

No comments:

Post a Comment