21 August 2010

Chasing Bugs

I spent a portion of this afternoon chasing down some bugs.  No, not scripting bugs – I was shooing away fruit flies.

Early last week I bought some fruit at the market and saw the fruit flies in my kitchen the following day.  The numbers grew as the week progressed; today I must have swatted close to a dozen of them and there's still another dozen buzzing around.  I found it difficult to concentrate upon the computer screen whilst frequently interrupted by dive-bombing fruit flies.

If anything good came from this experience, it was an inspiration for a new Clan Lord monster.  I think that we can all be grateful that I did not draw this inspiration from experiencing bed bugs!

3 comments:

  1. there already in clanlord they call them rats
    and they can still hit you no matter how much detha you train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fireflies would be a sweet CL monster. Especially if 'forced darkness' was added that couldn't be circumnavigated by turning night down.

    (currently my night is at 0% because it's only detrimental from a gameplay perspective to have any. which is kind of lame that I can alter it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Daimoth: That's something I found fairly nice in Arindal. There were places were darkness was always enforced as far as I remember (darkness and not pitch black as in some places in Puddleby). It added some nice immersion. And torch were actually useful there (I can also imagine giving mystics the ability to brighten places, after all that would be some sun energy).

    ReplyDelete