16 August 2010

Read Instructions Before Assembling

I have started designing a new script.  I have outlined the tasks and behaviors of the script, but I did not have any of the details of how the script will accomplish these tasks.  I needed some guidance, therefore I spent this evening doing the unglamorous job of researching and reading scripts.

I had around 15 semi-related scripts opened at once (and I will say that I really enjoy the way that TextWrangler manages multiple documents).  After choosing and reading a script, I would visit an out-of-the-way area to see examples of the script in action.

I can't say that this task was glorious and exciting, but it was informative and inspirational.  I've read the instructions; I think that I'm ready to assemble this new script.

6 comments:

  1. Tell us what you're doing! Or at least in what category it is in. All of these vagueries do nothing to quench our curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell us what you're doing!

    I was very careful in this case to reveal nothing. Sorry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. unforchantly meny of us will not accept this apology, please inculed more info, if we didnt want spoilers we wouldnt of read this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Magnix: I don't think Yappy ever intended that blog to be a spoiler source… If that's what you're looking for, there might be better web sites to check.
    And for myself, I kind of like to see that work is done, without spoiling the surprise later on… Specially if it has to do nothing with bug fixes but the development of quests, new area, new features, critters, you name it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Gremlins: I believe that Magnic's tongue was firmly in cheek.

    And as for Magnic: here is my tongue:

    ;-P Pbpbpbt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Gremlins: thats just it they some time post missleading info here how can you tell if its getting done or not? there are no specifics any one can type up all this stuff.

    @Yappy: still play around?

    ReplyDelete