19 September 2010

Pappy Yappy

As the dust settles from my RL project, I find myself once again looking forward to tackling my multiple CL projects.  I spent this afternoon updating the Helper Assistant script – and by "updating" I really mean that I deleted the old version and began writing a new version.

As I developed the revision of this script, I realized that the tone of the script was – for want of a better description – rather negative.  Instead of writing the script in the form of "do this action, then do that action," the script instead read as a stern parent scolding a young child: "confirm that the data is valid before taking action" and "don't take any actions under these conditions."

And I do believe that I am feeling some paternal pride in this script, and I hope that it remains well behaved.

No comments:

Post a Comment