07 September 2010

Random Inspiration

Have you ever experienced the sensation of an idea passing by you?  Have you ever been deep in thought on a subject, and you have a sudden, random flash of insight on something absolutely unrelated to the topic on which you focus – and the idea is gone just as quickly as it came?

I experienced this today.  I was thinking of something totally unrelated to Clan Lord when I suddenly had an idea for a Clan Lord quest.  The experience was rather surreal, like starting awake from a deep sleep and losing the memory of a dream.  As the idea faded from my mind, I went to my computer and hastily typed the idea.  Later this evening I refined this idea and have started drafting outlines for the supporting scripts.

I have been working on a large area for a while now, and although the project has been creeping along slowly, the overall project has been missing a cool central quest.  Today I found that central quest – in a rather sudden, random sort of way – and I am really excited about the idea.

I am very inspired and motivated right now, and that's all that I'll say.

3 comments:

  1. most people arnt aware there brain is always working on a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since GMs have said they rarely visit the Sentinel these days, someone has asked me to share this thread with you. Please take it into consideration.

    http://www.vagilemind.com/clanlord/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8084&p=166753

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please keep your comments on topic.

    ReplyDelete