06 April 2010

Slarty At Your Service.

I've been reviewing Slarty's excellent reward script (which pretty much rules all of New Ash Island).  It is fantastic at distributing rewards to characters who complete quests, and it supports distribution of rewards to multiple individuals.

I had asked Slarty for assistance in phrasing an initialization string which would enable me to distribute dissimilar rewards to a group.  Consider a quest where the NPC says "if you bring me the corpse of an Orga Hatred, then I'll give you 100c and I'll give each of your buddies 25c."  How would I rig the script to handle this kind of payout?

Today Slarty confirmed what I had thought: the reward script could not support awarding players with varying rewards.  But then he sent a follow-up email that read "try it now!"  And sure enough, there it was: the script now had support for varying rewards.

I wish that everyone on the planet would work with Slarty's speed and efficiency.  Including myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment