13 April 2010

#yappygm

Yesterday was a very busy day for me: I pored through the bug logs and was able to fix and close out over thirty bugs.  Thirty-plus bugs!  I should give myself some experience for that achievement.  I felt very good about some of the bug fixes: I resolved the horrid bounce-around-the-bridge bug in the wetlands.  I also moved a certain altar away from a certain pool of blood so that certain subclasses won't accidentally collide into said altar.

This evening I had an idea for randomizing quests.  It's not a great idea, but it's a start.  Personally I prefer to not know the next step within a quest.  I like surprises, and I think that I'm not alone in feeling this way.  If I know that I need to visit NPC-X and then immediately run to NPC-Y, then the quest is predictable.  But if NPC-X were to tell me "please take this treasure to NPC-RANDOM," then I won't know what to expect.

On an unrelated note to nothing, I created a Twitter account today.  I'm not really sure why I did this, other than I seemed to have gotten caught up in some sort of buzz excitement from reading Mashable.com, and thought that it would be a good idea.  I've been good about making a journal entry every day here, and I wonder if I can do the same with Twitter.

Creating the account was very easy, but the Pooch Café image that I use looked absolutely terrible on Twitter, so I opted to use the silly Sparky and Yappy image instead.  It's a good size, but still looks a little dark.  I guess that I should treat that as a bug and fix it.

I don't yet know about what I'm going to Tweet.  Or should I say "Yap."

[Update]: I was annoyed enough with the Sparky image that I created a new, small picture of the Pooch Café dog.  Much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment