05 June 2010

The Deep End of the Pool

I have been developing several tools for helpers.  One specific tool has been the focus of my attention as of late, and as I have been working on the script and the tool's functionality I have realized with a sense of uneasiness that I may have undertaken an overly ambitious project.

I am feeling very much like the boy standing poolside watching the other boys and girls jump off from the diving board into the water.  "I can jump off from that board too," I think to myself, and as I leap and plummet towards the water I ask myself a question I should have asked earlier: what happens after entering the water?  I can't swim.

Perhaps I should master the shallow wading pool before entering the deep waters of Clan Lord data management.

No comments:

Post a Comment