08 June 2010

The State of Oz

Nunul started a thread on the Sentinel inquiring about the state of game development and if there were any motivated GMs.  I learned of this thread because one of the thread's reply had pointed to my Twitter feed – which accounted for the inexplicable doubling of my followers from four to eight.

My involvement with the Sentinel went from daily replies in most threads to daily reading of all threads to daily browsing of all threads to daily scanning of some threads.  While I admire the passion and energy of the Sentinel contributors, I openly admit that its tone often saddens me, and sadness is not a feeling that I should experience while reading a game forum.  As a result, I find my involvement lessening within that forum.  Ignorance is bliss.

I can not speak for the other Wizards Behind The Curtain, but if one desires the State of Oz, one need only read this blogs.  (Hey, that rhymed.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, this is Jeanne and I found out about your Twitter account and journal from Nunul's post as well. I knew about Slartibartfast's journal but had no idea about yours. I'm happy to have finally found it.

    Like you I skip most of the threads at the Sentinel and the mood is negative overall. I think that's in part because you see the overall picture and know where Clan Lord is going and can even effect it to some extent. All folks like me can see is inaction from the GMs (even though you are working very hard), inaction from Joe Williams for years, no desire to make the big changes that are needed to correct some of the fundamental problems, and in my case a subclass (Bloodmage) that's more horrible than it is fun.

    Maybe it's not fun or happy for you and maybe the other GMs to let us know what is happening but I think it would make us happy to know what is going on or even that stuff is happening at all.

    ReplyDelete