12 January 2010

And now for something completely different.

I have made an effort to keep the events of my personal life absent from this blog.  Some events have recently happened which could impact and restrict my time devoted to Clan Lord.  What this means is that I may need to be a little smarter in the way that I prioritize my tasks instead of taking on laborious projects with very little in the way of personal rewards.

Speaking of laborious projects with very little in the way of personal rewards: I spent today combing through the healing scripts in an effort to understand the differences between Sprite and Awaria.  I gathered clips of code from the numerous healing scripts and annotated them, saving them into one long document.  I think I now have a pretty good grasp of what happens when a healer types /USE 3.  Next I move on to the challenge of setting up a spread sheet and plugging assorted numbers into them.  By doing this, I hope to learn what differences lie between the two trainers.

And speaking of spread sheets: I would like to express my frustration with Apple's Numbers.  I recently installed iWork '08 on my laptop, and after launching Numbers, I could not properly view the spread sheet.  The colors for the cells were nearly invisible, and the background colors were displayed incorrectly (blue was displayed as pink).  After spending nearly 90 minutes of recalibrating my system's color profile, reading the iWork online manual, searching the Apple support message boards, and finally Googling around for some clue as to why the sheet was not being displayed properly, I finally took the idea to check for updates for iWork.  120 seconds later, the problem was resolved.

Those 92 minutes spent trying to understand Numbers were taken away from time trying to understand Awaria.  Fine, fine.  Fine.  Adopt, adapt and improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment