03 January 2010

One Stone

Before my involvement with Awaria becomes too hot and heavy, I returned to Wuchagott and gave her one last kiss on the forehead – and by doing so, I closed another bug report.

I'll be back to see her someday, but it may be a while before I return to her.  The storage system could benefit from an overhaul, and I have some thoughts on improving it, but for now it works pretty well and it isn't broken.  Storoenna is a whole different ball of ear wax.  We shan't discuss Storoenna.

As for Awaria, I have some ideas on how to approach this trainer, but it will require some sophisticated enhancements to the overall training system.  Said enhancements would require rewriting a large portion of the training scripts.

On a related subject, a rewrite of the training system has been discussed in the past.  One GM summarized the problem in this way: we know what needs to be done, but no one is able to invest the time required to support the overhaul properly.  And said overhaul will require a combination of grunt work and bookkeeping.

On one hand, we have Awaria who needs some enhancements, and on the other hand we have a training system that needs to be updated.

I'm seeing two birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment