09 March 2010

Jailors and Janitors

I came across an article regarding a moderator banning a kid from his X-Box Live account (NSFW video containing vulgar language).  One of the readers made an interesting comment:
For all you worried about [the moderator] acts as a customer rep... Think of him instead as a bouncer.
When I read about these types of players, then I am reminded on just how grateful I am to be a developer for Clan Lord.  CL may be a smaller MMORPG, but it has a great community and the players love the game.  I'd much rather have a couple of hundred players as cool as our current players than to have tens of thousands of players who behaved like ItzLupo.  I don't want to play the role of a bouncer, nor that of a jailor.  I'd much rather play the role of the janitor, and just go around and clean up bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment