01 March 2010

Hack Attack!

I spoke with the author of the reward script with which I have been struggling.  His response (and I am paraphrasing) was "hack it."  The script won't quite do what I want it to do: if I want rewards doled in a specific fashion, then I will personally need to change the script to make it so.

This is partially a relief to hear: I was convinced that I was misusing the script, but in fact it just won't do what I want it to do.  And RewardGM has his script laid out in a very easy-to-read format, so adding hooks to it should be a breeze.

Now all I have to do is find time to do this!  Real Life will keep me busy all through next Monday, which is the beginning of another update week.  Will I be able to find the time to make a passing hack attack on the reward script and complete another ongoing quest?

I'm panicking just thinking about it.  Oy vey.

No comments:

Post a Comment