05 March 2010

Steamed Heat

I've heard that Valve is bringing Steam to the Mac.

Long have I watched the cool videos of people playing Half-Life, Portal and Team Fortress, but, being a Mac user, had to content myself to playing old games like Oni and for six or seven years (Clan Lord is excused as it is not a third-person shooter).

I don't know how to feel about this.  It's great that the Mac is getting attention and receiving more games, but I can't help but feel that it's a little like getting your older brother's shirt after he's outgrown it.  I'll hold judgment until I see what's available and what price they're charging.  If they're charging $50 for a game that's five years old, well, that's $50 staying in my pocket.

Besides, if I start playing Team Fortress, then Puddleby will never hear from me again!

No comments:

Post a Comment