03 March 2010

Ok Go: This Too Shall Pass

Today's entry is entirely off topic.

I'm sure most of you have seen Ok Go's YouTube music video "Here It Goes Again."  This group recently teamed up with Mindshare to develop an enormous Rube Goldberg machine for their video "This Too Shall Pass."

I don't think that any words from me can adequately describe the genius involved in this production.  Not only is this video a technical/engineering success, but the artistic design behind some of the contraptions is simply brilliant.  The umbrella-sun and pop-up-flowers is artistically wondrous, the television on the trapeze is an unexpected surprise, and the last thirty seconds are just delightfully overwhelming.  And the camera work is just perfect, as is the choreography and the timing.

I can't stop watching this video.  Sometimes I just love the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment