17 May 2010

Coming Attractions

I did very little in the way of development today.  I did a little bug hunting (actually there was a lot more than a little hunting).  I also previewed the V651 build; it looks very nice.

I came up with an idea for creating random dungeons.  This is not a true instance (as players would be able to join individuals already within the dungeon); the idea is to randomly generate rooms and hallways and connect them together, much like Angband.  I am currently unclear on either the purpose or utility of a random dungeon, so I'll put this idea "on the list."

In other news, I am preparing the support scripts for an area under development.  I still have some designing ahead of me before I begin writing scripts.  This planning technique has worked rather well for me, and I wish to replicate my recent success.

No comments:

Post a Comment