01 May 2010

Fire Pits and Burning Buildings

Recently I overheard some players talk about the fire pit that was in town; one expressed disappointment over the inability to put a log of wood on the fire.  Players could have used a tinderbox for fire, but I figured "why not" and rigged an improvised log-accepting fire pit.

On a related subject, I recall a bug report that was filed during an invasion.  Some darshaks had invaded town and were setting fire to buildings, and one player /bugged that barrels of water could not extinguish the flames.  After improvising a fire pit in town, I had an idea: I should create a dedicated script that takes an item from a player and in turn generates an effect.  There would be a "beginning state" of the object (a burning building or a fire pit), a "key item" (an item that triggers an effect, like a barrel of water or a log of wood) and the object's "active state" (a smoky building or a small fire).

I'll still have to give this idea some though, but it should be fun to do!  It's "on the list!"

No comments:

Post a Comment