27 May 2010

Releasing Version 2.0 Before Version 1.0

It spent time on Wednesday adding some functionality to one of the quest scripts with which I had been tinkering.  I took time in planning this new function, wrote the script, compiled it, tested it and was pleased to see that it worked as designed.

Just as I was about to commit the new changes made to this script, I had a realization: there was a simpler, more elegant way for this script to function.

Argh.  Cue the amusing "Star Trek face palm" image.  Sometimes I find it disheartening to realize that three hours of my life's work is gone, and that I could have spent that time on more pressing subjects – like playing Half Life 2!  On the other hand, I'm excited about the improvements made to Function Version 2.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment