30 May 2010

Never On A Sunday

This morning began with a cup of coffee and a crisis.  After reading a thread in the Sentinel regarding a problem with movie files, I notified the ClientGM who promptly sacrificed his Sunday morning (and on a long weekend, too) to swiftly address and correct the problem.  Many thanks to him!

Throughout the day I kept busy: I resolved the problem with our swimming NPC who shall henceforth remain on the shore.  Later, while researching one script, I came across a small, seldom used script (it was last updated in V224).  Reading the script gave me an idea, so – and I had expressed concern about this – I became distracted by this new idea and started developing some functionality to this script.  I don't want to say much more about this, other than this script relates to a feature that has been requested repeatedly by players.  I'm willing to polish up some ideas and give it a try.

I also spent some time today fixing several areas and closing fix-it-quick bug cases.  I took a short break from scripting to run a short story in game before returning to work on coding.

It's no wonder why I'm tired.  I thought that Sunday was a day of rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment