07 July 2010

Mannequin? I Hope I Can.

Work continues on the mannequin script.  I had it working earlier without errors, but I changed something – I can't remember what it was that I changed – and now I am getting color errors that do not make sense.  The server is logging "these colors are bad," but the colors are perfect and exact.  Why would the server tell me that the colors are bad when they are good?

I also noticed that some mannequins have weird colors in specific areas.  Closer examination revealed that some of the mannequin colors are actually transparent (just like Skirwan's cloak, or Slarty's head), and what we're really seeing are the colors of the ground.  I tried changing the colors of the mannequin but the colors were not taking correctly.

Huh.  I wonder if my changing the default  colors of the mannequin is somehow related to the color errors that are currently logged on the server?  This is a case where the color of the mannequin should be completely separate and unrelated from that of the colors of the displayed clothing, but I have learned that data within Clan Lord are often linked to each other in unexpected ways.

So work continues, as does the debugging.  Once I recover from my small gaffe, I can move on and give some thought on how I am going to display belt colors on the mannequin.

2 comments:

  1. I've always been scared to put the cloak on a mannequin -- I was afraid I'd lose it or crash the server or summon Gozer or something. Would it work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be like putting a Portable Hole into a Bag of Holding. There shouldn't be a problem.

    ReplyDelete