27 February 2010

while ( frivolousItem == true ) experience++;

I spent a large portion of the day developing two new scripts.  One script is to support a new (and rather frivolous) item.  The other script is to support a new (and even more frivolous) item.  Both items will play roles within a new quest.

These scripts are doing more than just increasing the total file count, or increasing the in-game count of green token-like items destined to fill Junko's yard: these scripts are giving me scripting experience.  The more often that I write, then the more I understand the format and structure of Socks.  Just earlier this week I had an idea for an NPC support script and I was able to write it with a minimum of copying-and-pasting from other existing code.  It was a small utility script for the game and a large personal achievement for myself.

And sometimes it's fun to have new items, regardless of their frivolity.

No comments:

Post a Comment