01 February 2010

YappyLord

No one has asked me, but if I were to make YappyLord (or Clan Lord 2.0), then this is what I would do:

THIS STAYS
  • Combat interface.  Collide into a monster to swing at it.  It's very simple and I love simplicity.
  • NPC interface.  Another elegant system of interaction.  Just bump into an NPC and it automatically begins speaking to you.  Perfect.
  • Speech bubbles. It's probably the finest feature of the game, and it really sets the cartoonish tone.
THIS GOES
  • Client applications.  YappyLord would run from a web browser plug-in, just like QuakeLive.
  • Spawns in purgatory.  I just hate them.
  • Purgatory pendants.  If there's no spawns in purgatory, then there's no fallens to rescue in purgatory.  Therefore there's no need for healers to travel to purgatory.
THIS CHANGES
  • The graphics.  I'd keep the same overhead view, but instead it would be in glorious 3D.  I would also keep the cartoony feel by cel shading everything.
  • The experience system. It needs to scale better and be broader in its service. If you're out on a hunt with a group of people, then you should be rewarded for this activity, regardless on your slaughter level and shares.
  • Classes.  There's a gross unbalance of the current class structure and, in my opinion, the entire system needs an overhaul.  In YappyLord, Mystics would be feared, and Healers would be revered.
My ulterior motivation for YappyLord is to stay home all day and get paid for playing an online game!  That would look pretty sharp on my resumé.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray get rid of purgatory spawns! Yappy for #1 GM!

    ReplyDelete